The purpose of this MoU is to promote cooperation and advancement of international understanding between NCC and COEFA for the overall benefits of strategic capacity development, enhancement and international collaboration. In order to meet with the underlying purpose of this memorandum, the parties agree to develop and strengthen corperation in the following areas.
- Facilitating specialized strategic human capacity enhancement in different domains such as monitoring, enforcement, investigation and prosecution.
- Conducting sector-wide domain knowledge fusion, reviews and analysis for synthesis, selection and development of content for hybrid courses.
- Facilitating symbiotic linkages for strategy, innovation, policy, guidelines and awareness creation.
- Facilitating the integration of lessons learned from international best practices to Nigeria’s specific scenarios.
- Design, development and implementation of value added programs and initiatives.
As a follow-up to this MoU the President & CEO of COEFA, Dr Sandra Iroakazi paid a courtesy visit to the Director-General, Nigerian Copyright Commission, Bar. Afam Ezekude on Wednesday 28th October, 2015. She was at the Commission to review progress under this memorandum to update the workplan adopted pursuant this memorandum.
The DG in his remark welcomed and commended Dr Sandra for this partnership and/or corperation with the Commission. He assured her that the Commission will do everything possible towards the implementation of this memorandum within a time-frame that is mutually acceptable to all parties concerned.